Building Permits

Building Department

301 D'Olive Street
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. 

For building code information or
questions concerning new construction
permits, contact:

Oscar Waters, Building Official



Preliminary Plat: $150.00       Site Plan (residential): $25.00
Fee per Lot: $10.00   Site Plan (commercial): $25.00
Amendment: $50.00   Rezoning: $100.00
Final Plat: $100.00   Variance: $25.00
Fee per Lot: $0.00   Certified Letters: $10.00 each
Advertisement fee must be paid in advance


Application for Restrictions Variance
Application for Zoning Amendment
Application for Subdivision Preliminary Plat and final Plat

Building Code Information

The following Building Codes were adopted by Ordinance 962 on April 2, 2012:

  • International Building Code, 2012
  • International Gas Code, 2012
  • International Mechanical Code, 2012
  • International Plumbing code, 2012
  • International Residential Code, 2012 (as amended, please see ordinance)
  • International Energy Conservation Code, 2012 (as amended, please see ordinance)
  • Baldwin County Supplemental Code for Residential Structures in addtion to the IRC, 2012 (as amended, please see ordinance)
  • National Electric Code, 2011 for Commercial Buildings and Residential Building containing more than two (2) dwelling units
  • International Fire Code, 2012 (as amended, please see ordinance)
  • Local Wind Load Code-3 second gust winds: applicable to the 2012 IRC only

    I-10 to I-65 - 120 mph
    North of I-65 - 110 mph


  • Standard Building Code1997
  • Standard Plumbing Code 1997
  • Standard Fire Prevention Code 1997
  • Standard Gas Code 1997
  • National Electric Code1999

*Delete section R402.4.1.2 through R402.5 from 2012 International Energy Conservation Code. (Testing)
*Delete Section R 313 (Automatic Fire Sprinkler Systems)

All permit fees shall remain the same with the exception of residential re-roof which shall increase to $50.00.

The State of Alabama adopted the 2009 IECC which requires Duct Leakage Testing.  Any HVAC permit acquired after January 1, 2014 will require Duct Leakage Testing.


Q. I want to run a business out of my house. What do I need to get done so I can do this?
A. If your property is not zoned for a business, you will have to fill out an Application for Zoning Amendment. You will then have to go before the City of Bay Minette Planning Commission for approval.

Q. I am adding an addition to my house (sunroom, bedroom, storage room). Will I need a building permit?
A. Yes. Any construction or remodeling requires a building permit.

Planning Commission

The City of Bay Minette Planning Commission meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month @ 8:00 in the Conference Room of the Bay Minette City Hall.

/Media/Resolution 2017-048.pdf

Board of Zoning and Adjustment

The City of Bay Minette Board of Zoning and Adjustment does not meet on a regular basis.
Check the Calendar or Bulletin Board @ City Hall to see if a meeting is scheduled.
(Note: Meetings will be announced at least 1 week prior.)